The bubbly barrelling board

Hopefully you read my last post to have a little background on an epic trade I was part of last week. I mentioned there was something I have been looking high and low for, obviously I can go on eBay to order one but have you seen the prices for Toxic Crusaders on eBay?!? 
Gratuitous shot of the Tromaville Dump. I think I need to boost up the Smog Cycle and Hideous Hovercraft so you can see them better. Toxic Crusaders is my favourite toy-line, so I keep it on the top shelf, like an expensive whiskey. 
The vast majority of my teenage years were spent on a skateboard, so when toy-lines I love have a skateboard vehicle or accessory, I tend to be drawn to them. The Crusader Skater was the numero uno on my list though. Look at this hideously deformed mode of transportation.
Another collecting rule I have for myself is a spending cap. I have been getting my hands dirty at garage sales and thrift stores long enough to know that you will eventually come across something rather than break the bank on it. Personally, nothing is worth spending enough money to feel guilty about it. If I ever had to think about moving money from something important into buying an object, I would call it quits. It would not be worth it to me. 
When I was making the deal on the trade I almost didn't even mention Toxic Crusaders because thus far it hasn't worked out for me. I'm sure glad I did take the chance though, because when I say 90's toys, I mean Toxic Crusaders! 
The seller informed they had "the skateboard" but could never track down an affordable Toxie. I tried to hide my excitement, but it was futile. I was willing to pay whatever they asked since I wouldn't have to ship it. Trading locally is such an exciting endeavor, I could see myself getting out of hand easily knowing how much I would be saving on shipping. 

Their original price was on par with eBay, but I had a bit of a foothold to get the negotiation going, knowing it's missing at least a landfill laser, "long she may wave" flag and all the stickers. I was prepared to haggle. Then after a couple back and forth messages about the lot price overall the seller asked to see the baseball cards I had, and decided to just do a straight across trade. I spent nothing but time making an acquaintance. 
One measures themselves on their achievements, as far as my collection goes, I can proudly say I have gotten this far collecting Toxic Crusaders without breaking the bank.

If anyone has a spare set of Crusade Skater stickers, and wants to do a trade let me know in the comments below! 

 

Comments

Popular Posts