A serendipitous transaction.

If you read a recent post I had about rules I have in the collection, I mentioned how I keep turning down overpriced Captain Planet figures, because I KNOW I will find it on the bag wall or at a garage sale for a quarter. Well I was close. 
The story goes a little something like this. I saw an overpriced Battle Troll on Marketplace for a couple months, but I wanted it. I started drafting a message about how did you get your price, would you take less cause you are out to lunch but I decided that wasn't who I am. So I did what I do, I offered full price for the thing, and asked if they had any other 90s toys.
This is sort of a tactic I use to make a bundle deal, and I think everyone does it at this point. My grandma taught me it when I was knee high to a duck on the local garage sale circuit. It's less a tactic now and more of an icebreaker, people generally do have something else I am interested in, but I just like talking about 90's toys. So the seller said I have a ton, what are you interested in. 
I gave them a brief list, which they had almost everything, and we started talking about a possible trade. I ended up trading some baseball cards, 90s Toy Biz Venom toys and some other cards for a grocery bag full of figures and something I have been searching high and low for, which will be my next post so watch out for that! 
I don't know if I will make a post about every figure from the trade, but the entire point of this post is that there was not only a Captain Planet in the lot, but another Duke Nukem. The Nostalgic Basement is always welcoming to more Glow in the Dark figures, I don't care if I already have it! 

Let me know in the comments if you want to see more from this epic trade! 


 

Comments

Popular Posts