Year of the Ghost Rider


 When innocent blood is spilled, a spirit of vengeance is born, and Danny Ketch finds himself transformed!

As a collector, I am sure you are like me, in the way you set goals. Ghost Rider has been something I wanted to collect, seemingly easy to find and low barrier for entry, carded figures are still mostly around $20. I told myself the same thing I always do though, you have to find some in the wild to start the collection. 

While I mainly collect vintage action figures and VHS, I often find myself flipping through long boxes when I see comic vendors at markets. I wanted to read the 90s Danny Ketch Ghost Rider series most of all. Don’t get me wrong, Johnny Blaze is great, but I was mostly curious about where all the ideas for the Toy Biz figures were coming from.

So about 8 months ago I found a local lot of 10 Ghost Rider/Spirits of Vengeance comics for a buck a piece so I jumped at the opportunity. I started watching free shipping auctions on eBay and picked up a few figures for less than $8 each, complete with mini-comics. 

I knew my pal who I had previously gotten Swamp Thing figures from also had a bunch of carded Ghost Rider so we did a little He-Man accessory swap and I ended up with 4 carded figures. So now I have a pretty formidable Toy Biz Ghost Rider collection. 

I’m gonna start sharing bits and pieces here and there, and the timing couldn’t be more perfect, with the announcement of a new Ghost Rider movie! 

So hold on tight, because this is going to be the Year of the Ghost Rider in the Nostalgic Basement! 



Comments

Popular Posts