Fingerboard or Die

This is a weird observation I made when my mom found an old Tech Deck, I don't know if it belonged to my brothers or if it's thrifted because she volunteers at a free store, but I thought this was interesting. 
Left is a modern Tech Deck my kids have, they are all this wide, weird angular hard concave, I think they suck, to be frank, cause I am a flinger. I can't call my pool shots and I can't call my Tech Deck tricks, but I do have fun! The middle I got when my oldest son showed interest in them maybe 5 years ago and I thought it was the same size as always, but when my Mom sent us the City Stars board on the right I realized the changes they have made. Another observation is the slide marks on the board are part of the graphic, which is pretty ridiculous. 

Fingerboarding has come a long way from the early days, where we would buy one piece plastic keychains and use a heat gun to add concave. They make them as literal mini skateboards now, and they cost as much as an actual skateboard ha I respect the craftsmanship, but I have nostalgia for these plastic boards and am glad my kids are into it now too. 
 

Comments

Popular Posts