Weird thrifting

When you spend any amount of time beyond the average person at the thrift store, you are bound to see some weird stuff, like this personalized autographed VHS Charlotte Diamond. I’m kind of sad this was donated, it was obviously important to these kids at some point. 
This must be some kind of “honey do list” receptacle from yesteryear. I looked at it for waaay too long trying to figure out what it meant, and how the mechanism on the bottom works (you can’t see it but it was some kind of gravity operated paper holder)
This isn’t as weird as it is smart, but I wanted to include it to say how interesting I find inscriptions, and how I’d love to write about them but they sure look boring on a page. 
Here’s another inscription, inside a choose your own adventure book. Are they talking to the book? It feels ominous…
It was extremely hard to convince myself that I don’t NEED a turtle tape dispenser. I bet I wouldn’t lose this when I wrap Christmas gifts! 
Bootleg Godzilla “Dinosaur Clock” isn’t that weird, I just don’t think it deserved it’s own post. 


 

Comments

Popular Posts