Ghoul Catchers


Am I doing this right? I got all my ducks in a row here for a Ghostbusters post...


 This is no ordinary Ghostbusters though, this is Filmation's Ghostbusters! This is the reason the other Ghostbusters cartoon was called The Real Ghostbusters, but who came first?

Well it was actually Filmation, who had a live action show called Ghostbusters in 1975, and Columbia actually had to license the name for their film that we all know and adore. 

Filmation approached Columbia to produce the animated series, but the rights were already over at DiC, so they did what any self respecting animation studio would do, they just made their own show anyways and released it mere days before The Real Ghostbusters premiered. Brilliant. 

This tape is super interesting in that the back of it is laid out in the landscape orientation, that's not something you see very often. The pun in the first line of the synopsis almost lets me display this with my favourite Clint Eastwood franchise starring an orangutan.

 The animation section of my library is getting really good now! Stay tuned for future episodes. 


Comments

Popular Posts